I attended UCSD from 2006-2008. I just finished my Associates Degree at San Diego Mesa College and transferred to UCSD with all my General Education classes completed. That meant I could focus on the classes I was most interested in while pursuing my degree in history. Below, you’ll find some of the classes I took at UCSD related to US history and the essays I wrote in those classes. Keep in mind, these are essays of an undergraduate student (so they are far from perfect). Hopefully these give you a sense of what college is like, and the topics we study and write about in courses of American history.
- HIUS 106A & 106B American Foreign Relations
- HIUS 107 Early American Republic
- HIUS 137 Slavery and Freedom
- HIUS 151 American Legal History Post 1865
- HIUS 160 American Empire
- HIUS 182 American Intellectual History
- HIUS 188 American Culture & Politics